1. About this Privacy Notice
At MSF we make sure we protect the information you give us. References to “MSF”/“we”/“us”/”our” are to Médecins Sans Frontières, Naritaweg 10 1043 BX Amsterdam.
This privacy notice is written in accordance with relevant data protection legislation including the General Data Protection Regulation.
This privacy notice sets out how MSF collects, uses and stores personal data via this website (“Website”) noma.msf.org. This Policy does not cover MSF’s presence on social media platforms such as, including but not limited to: Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Flickr, and on publishing platforms such as, including but not limited to: Issuu, Scribd, Medium on which we have established our own presence. In the context of those platforms, we are merely another user and the privacy policies as well as the terms and conditions of those platforms are applicable.
If you’ve any questions please contact: email@example.com
- Like most websites, our Website may place a “cookie” – a small text file – in the browser of your computer. This cookie will assign you a unique number that allows us to save your information so that the information does not need to be re- entered. Cookies can be either “persistent” or “session” based. Our Website uses both types of cookies.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date (by default the cookies expire after 23 days), and may be used to track your browsing behaviour upon return to the issuing website or component (such as plugins or embedded media, e.g., a YouTube video embedded on our website). You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your internet browser’s “Help” menu.
- Session cookies are short-lived, are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Instructions on how to do so will vary from browser to browser but you can find out more at www.aboutcookies.org. Some features and functionality may be lost if you choose to disable cookies. Also, remember that you will have to adjust the cookie settings for each browser and device and you use to visit our Website.
- Our Website may contain links to other sites that may use cookie technology. We do not have access to, or control over, these cookies.
What cookies do we use?
- Google Analytics
We use Google analytics to see how our site is performing e.g. what articles are read, how many donations we receive and where visitors come from. The full list of Google Analytics cookies are below. Google analytics collects no personal data or IP addresses. As part of Google Analytics we are using the _ga and _gid cookies to distinguish unique users, and use the _gat cookie to throttle the request rate.
In more detail:
_ga: this is a HTTP cookie, that registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. It expires after 2 years.
_gid: this is a HTTP cookie, that registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. It expires after 1 day.
_gat: this is a HTTP cookie, that is used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate. It expires after 1 day.